LAX - ORF

3 more days before Virginia. Not for a holiday but for work. He's got to attend a course there and Im just tagging along. It sucks though coz we'l be flying separately since his tickets are bought by his employer and they can only buy the ticket through their system and for me to take the same flight, would cost us a bomb. So I would have to fly an hr earlier and arrived about an hr later than his flight. Sigh..

The total flying hours would be about 7hrs with 1 flight change (45min window, pls pray tht il make it!). There would be (supposedly) snack served during the first leg of the flight (going only, none on the returning flight). Now, this would only be my 2nd time flying domestic in the US. The first time was fr PA to FL and no meal was served. I think they only served orange juice. So im not really sure what to expect for this 'snack'. Im a Malaysian. Snack to me can be anything from ro ti canai to kuih to nasi lemak! lol. Rita however advised me to pack my own lunch which im sooooo gonna do since I cant be hungry for a longtime. Il get very cranky and flying alone would definitely not help. I really dont plan of getting myself into the breaking news as, "the Malaysian lady who went amok for being hungry during a flight". :P But I do wonder what kinda utensil should I bring? Is plastic fork or wooden chopstick ok to be brought into the flight? I cant imagine eating with my hand on the plane and dont worry, I dont plan of doing it either.

Now, 7hrs of flying time is not considered short by any standard. It is like flying from KL to Perth or HK (I think). Before coming here, never could I imagine flying that long without being served a full meal AND a snack. There would even be free flow of drink if you're into drinking while flying. But that's asian airlines. We are guaranteed food if the flight is more than 2hrs. Even then some ppl would complaint non-stop about the quality of the food. Those ppl should come here and fly domestically! Cakap banyak. :P

I have to say that we, Malaysian, are so spoilt that sometimes we dont know or refused to appreciate what we have. The mentality that anything Malaysian must be off lesser quality and that the grass is always greaner on the other side makes me sick to the stomach. Please forgive me for my rantings but this trip somehow makes me sad. I really wanna go home but belum ada rezeki. I hope we'll have a good and safe trip and I will try to blog from there to keep you guys updated.

Now iv gotta go and check what's the weather is going to be like overthere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...