What's for Buka Puasa / Iftar?

Today is the 3rd day of Ramadhan. Yesterday for buka puasa or iftar, I made chicken curry, serawa durian and roti jala. My choice of drink was syrup bandung. Of course those are just for me. For Michael, I made him chicken parmigiana. We usually had dinner around 7pm and since maghrib here is around 7.16, it was not that difficult. Thank god summer here does not end at 9pm or something.

We didnt however eat until almost 8pm since as you all know, I am not a fast cook. And my eyes were hungrier than my stomach thus I made so much food. I havent even had the serawa durian that I planned to eat with roti jala. You see, that was why I made roti jala instead of rice so I can eat it with both chicken curry and roti jala. I am such a smart girl. Yes I am. If only I wasnt too full last night. Lol!

Fasting here is not as fun nor easy as back home. I can only imagine the hustling and bustling of pasar ramadhan. All the delicacies that they sell which most of them can only be found during fasting month. Which makes me wonder why is that the case? Like tepung pelita for example. I dont remember seeing them sold anywhere else except during fasting month. Or maybe its because I hardly ever go to the pasar malam (night market)? But yeah, I MISS eating tepung pelita. That would be my family's favourite. I basically have to have it every day. There was this stall at the pasar ramadhan near my parents place that sells one of the best tepung pelita. When I go there, without fail I would buy between 10-15 of them depending on how many people are going to be breaking fast at home. Sometimes when we have communication breakdown between me and my brothers, we would have more. None would go to waste of course!

So, there you go. I guess by now everyody knows how much Im dying for tepung pelita. Now, why dont you share with me what is your ultimate iftar or sahur food?




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...