My Eyes Need Help

Iv been wearing glasses for maybe 10 years now. I think I started with wearing contact lenses and then only with glasses. Of course during those times, the craze was all those colorful contact lenses. Yup, everybody wants to wear either hazel or blue or aquamarine. And that 'everbody' included me lah. After awhile, which basically means after my eyes started to bleed, literally, I decided that maybe its not a good idea to continue wearing contact lenses thus beginning the era of glasses. Gosh, i spent waaaayyyy too much on them. When you were single and earning your own money, there's nothing much to do than spending your hard-earned money either on yourself or on your nieces and nephews. True???? :P

Anyways, lately Iv been thinking about giving contact lenses another chance. So last weekend we went around to find a place to do an eye exam. the first place that we went to was the one near our place, which is at the mall and for the eye exam (for contact lenses) alone they wanna charge us almost 200 (without insurance) and with a year supply the total would roughly be around 400. We would have done it there but Iv already checked with a friend and other place and even without insurance it only cost around 80-90 for the eye exam. Lesson learned, do not fall into buying this optical insurance. You dont need them! Seriously.

We finally found one at Walmart and for the exam we paid 90 and it will be 25 for a 3-mths supply. So that means if i wear them everyday, the most that I would spend on contact lenses will be 100. A total of 190. Half than what we would have to fork out if we didnt know the whole truth about optical insurance. I have to thank Julita for letting me know about this since back in PA we used to have the insurance and to do my lousy no-brand glasses with no-glare coating, we have to pay 100. If i wanted no-scratch glasses, gotta pay another 50. What a rip-off huh?

Now, my problem is that I still cant get used to wearing these contact lenses. That day it took me almost 5min to take them out and I was already freaking out. I kid you not. The next day when we were about to go out, I only managed to put 1 on and not the other so I had to take it out since I cant be wearing only 1 side, right? Didnt try yesterday but today I decided I have to keep on trying. That I did, successfully. Putting them on that is but I still dont feel comfortable as in while im typing this, I feel light-hearted but when I look up to the tv, its ok. Its also clearer.

So, is it just me or is it really me?




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...