Assam Pedas


Recently Rasa Malaysia made laksa penang which looks so mouth watering that I have to have something sour myself. Since making laksa is a bit too time consuming for me and not to mention that I dontv half of the ingredients, I decided to make Assam Pedas. I took the recipes from drNo and Jun and then changed them a lil bit according to wht I have and my level of malas-ness. Yes, this is the somewhat easy(/lazy)-edition of Assam Pedas.


1-2 piece of fish (anything except salmon)
1 cup water
daun kesum or polyganum leaves (thanks RM for the translation)
7-10 okra/ladyfinger/bendi
4-5 tablspoon tamarind juice (1tablespoon tamarind soup powder)
salt and sugar to taste
3 tbspoon vegetable oil


Blended ingredients;
2 shallots
1/2 red onion
1 garlic
2in ginger
10 tbspoon of sambal oelek (chili paste)
1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
2 teaspoons belacan


1. Heat the oil (medium heat) and add the blended ingredients. Stir for 5-6min
2. Put in the water and add the rest once its boil. Flip the fish one or twice.
3. Cover and simmer for 10min.




This is how I eat my assam pedas. With rice, cut tomatoes and cucumber for salad and sambal belacan. Not seen in the picture is the sweet soy sauce. I cant eat my rice without them!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...