Malay Chicken Briyani



Nina asked me to post my way of making chicken briyani since she make hers from scratch. *respect* I can be pretty lazy when it comes to cooking. Back in KL, my fav place for briyani ayam madu (briyani with honey chicken) would be at Mahbub Restaurant in Bangsar. I can never have enough of their briyani ayam madu. If you're in KL, you should give it a try. Iv somehow managed to get all my friends addicted to that place!

Nowadays, (since I have to do the cooking myself!) I use Shan's briyani mix for both beef and chicken. Being a sucker for kicap manis (sweet soy sauce), I will always have chopped green chili in sweet soy sauce with my briyani. Im going to share with you how I make the malay chicken briyani.

Ingredients
1 cup basmati rice (rinsed)
1 3/4 cup water
2 tablespoon ghee oil (or vegetable oil)
half onion & 2" ginger (finely chopped)
4 spices - 3 cardamom seed, 1" cinnamon stick, 2 star anise seed, 3-4 cloves (rinsed)
4-5 pcs chicken
2 tablespoon shan's briyani mix
1 tablespoon adabi's briyani mix (optional)
Salt, sugar, pepper

Methods

Marinate the chicken with the briyani mixes for at least half an hour.

Heat up the ghee oil in a pot and add the 4-spices until aromatic. Add in the chopped onion & garlic and the chicken. Keep stirring for about 3-4min.

Add the rice and water and salt, sugar, pepper. Stir and let it boil. Cover and simmer for 25min.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...