Kite Flying (Attempt)

We (SoCal) are experiencing 4-days heat wave at the moment. It is like really really hot. Since Saturday we have been getting high 90F temperatures and some places even got 100F. Today is supposed to be the last day of summer-in-spring weather before it goes back to normal temperatures of low to middle 60F. Can't wait since I have been donning kain batik (batik sarong) or pareo at home. My aunt would find that very funny since I don't normally wear kain batik. Shorts would be my choice of clothing when the weather is hot but at this new apartment, we don't have any a/c and I find shorts to be not cooling enough.

Anyways, these pictures were taken 2 weekends ago when the weather was in mid 60F and rather windy. Michael decided that he wants to have a kite and bought a 3-d kite in the shape of aeroplane as you can see from the pictures. At first we just went to the park next to our apartment but after a few attempts, we realised that it is not windy enough so we decided to go down to the beach which would guarantee a continuos wind.


While he was busy trying to get the kite up and flying, I got bored and decided to just hang out near the water. It was too windy and too cold to even walk in the water. So I scrapped my plan of wetting my feet. Since I was the one holding the camera, of course I was not in any of the pictures but I was wearing a winter jacket!

Enjoy the pictures. Next time I will try to take the picture of my new bicycle when we are at the beach and I will take some pictures of the campers.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...